Food- Everyone loves it and needs it to survive. We chose our food by its appearance, texture, taste and
So here is a list of surprising food facts, keep counting in your brain about how much are you aware of:
- Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
- Honey is the only edible food that never goes bad. Honey in its natural state is very low in moisture and acidic. Honey when kept in sealed jars, due to low moisture and high acid environment, microorganisms are not able to survive and die immediately thus preserving honey for a long time.
- Apples are made up of 25% air that is why they float in water.
- An ear of corn has even no. of rows.
- Cucumber is 96% water, so next time when you feel dehydrated and do not wish to drink water, have a cucumber.
- Pineapples are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants. It helps a lot in fighting arthritis.
- Eggplants that we consider as a vegetable are actually a fruit and botanically classified as Berries.
- Smelling green Apples and Bananas can help you lose weight. Smelling ‘neutral sweet smells ‘can actually curb your appetite and hunger pangs. So if you are a lazy bum and don’t want to workout, smell these fruits.
- Babycorn is no different, just an ear of regular corn that gets harvested early.
- The only fruit that has seeds on the outer skin is Strawberry.
- White chocolate is not chocolate and does not even contain any traces of chocolate, but it is just a mix of blended sugar, milk products, Vanilla, lecithin and cocoa butter.
- Apples are more effective than coffee at waking you up in the morning. Apples contain 13 grams of natural sugar which triggers blood flow, hence making you feel more awake and energetic.
- Grapes will explode if you put them in a microwave. If you split a grape in half and keep in the microwave, the microwaves will dry up the skin of the tiny grape and burns it causing it to spark. It will create an explosive fireball of plasma and lightning.
An ardent dreamer, an aspiring writer, housewife, a mother .. I love cooking, travelling and reading books.